Currently...

  • lusting after - a DSLR camera
  • crocheting - Crobaktus scarf & Queen Anne scarf
  • reading - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo & Pride And Prejudice
  • cooking - BBQ pork ribs in the crock pot
  • knitting - Lacy Baktus & homespun mittens
  • gardening - a few tomatoes each day

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

homespun hand dyed loveliness


IMG_0975
Originally uploaded by yarn dirt words
I traded a bunch of silk floss for two gorgeous skeins of yarn. This one was a whopping 585 yards of approximately DK weight. It's a 2-ply yarn in a variety of pastels, with the colors combining differently all thru the skein.

I'm crocheting a Crobaktus with it and hope to have enough left for a pair of fingerless mitts to match. The colors will go with most of my winter wardrobe, so I'll get a lot of use from it. I'll update with a better photo next week after I have a bit more done.

No comments:

Post a Comment