Currently...

  • lusting after - a DSLR camera
  • crocheting - Crobaktus scarf & Queen Anne scarf
  • reading - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo & Pride And Prejudice
  • cooking - BBQ pork ribs in the crock pot
  • knitting - Lacy Baktus & homespun mittens
  • gardening - a few tomatoes each day

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

being content with who and what I am, blog-wise, & CSA update

I don't know what it is about me and blogs but I definitely stall out thinking about something to say. Other people's blogs seem so much more interesting - chickens, sheep, goats, travel!! However, when I dial down my expectations a bit, I realize that things happen around here every day. They may not be real exciting, but they do happen, so I'm going to quit trying to be the next PW and just try to be myself, whoever the hell that is.

So, here's a pic of last Thursday's CSA. Kinda more of the same from previous weeks. I've eaten a few of the tomatoes, one of them in a big juicy BAT (Bacon Avocado Tomato) that I had for breakfast on Monday morning. It was great.

Tonite I'm making a pasta salad with some of the zukes. It gets tough to know what to do with all the squash. I troll several food blogs looking for ideas and actually tried making zucchini crisp, but it was... weird. I don't think I took a pic of it. It wasn't too bad straight out of the oven, but cold it was very strange. It went in the trash.
IMG_0902

The lettuce and chard went next door to people who actually like that stuff. Actually, I like lettuce but it doesn't like me. Chard has been mostly unsuccessful for me in the various things I've tried it in, so I'm giving up on it for the time being.

My own tomatoes are coming along but more slowly than last year.
IMG_0695
This is about what I'm getting each week. The Sweet 100s are the best tasting, as usual. The grape cluster (not sure if that's the right name) are a bust. They're so tiny that I guess they have about a 2-hour picking window and I keep missing it. Won't do those again. Also have some gourds that are doing ok. Lost the tag but I think they're the gourds you can dry and then paint. Guess I'll find out in due time.

No comments:

Post a Comment