Currently...

  • lusting after - a DSLR camera
  • crocheting - Crobaktus scarf & Queen Anne scarf
  • reading - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo & Pride And Prejudice
  • cooking - BBQ pork ribs in the crock pot
  • knitting - Lacy Baktus & homespun mittens
  • gardening - a few tomatoes each day

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

enough already

I've had it with the rain. I know we're still below ideal snow levels in the mountains or whatever the heck, but it just seems never-ending this year. My early bulbs came up in January and are blooming but they're defeated by the pounding they take every day. P2270002

On the other hand, it makes for lovely photos. Water dripping off things is one of my favorite photo subjects.
P2270008
P4100005
P4100006
I wish I had a few big spiders living in my yard so I could shoot their webs after a heavy dew. Web photos are often spectacular.

The field next to where I work is full of weeds and grasses that make for great pictures, and it's all growing like crazy this time of year.
Thistle 3 040909

Garden-wise, normally I'd have put out tomatoes by now, but the garden area is a disaster and is going to require a weekend's worth of work before I can do anything. This may be the year I build raised beds...

No comments:

Post a Comment