Currently...

  • lusting after - a DSLR camera
  • crocheting - Crobaktus scarf & Queen Anne scarf
  • reading - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo & Pride And Prejudice
  • cooking - BBQ pork ribs in the crock pot
  • knitting - Lacy Baktus & homespun mittens
  • gardening - a few tomatoes each day

Monday, September 20, 2010

photo fun #2 - post and wire

What difference just a few changes make. This old post and barbed wire was shot out in the country  when S and I were driving around yesterday. I pulled over to the side of the road, he rolled down the window and snapped the pic. No effort expended and a so-so shot.








But... I played with it a little in PhotoScape, sharpened it, intensified the color, brightened the front of the post, stuck a rustic frame around it, and now... now it's something I'd stop and look at twice in a photo exhibit, something I'd maybe put on my wall.

I'm going to play with it some more, try to get the grass more golden without looking garish, but for 15 minutes worth of fiddling, I'm quite happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment